The Service Highway Supplier module connects (existing) tools and data sources to the Service Highway. These tools might be anything, for instance a database, webservice or command line interface.
Resources are developed by engineers with expert knowledge and comply with a contract. Resources can be named for example; 'loop_up_customer', or 'test_Live_Suite', etcetera. The resources managed, may exist in a whole variety of functions and apply to whole products but also to components. Examples given; test, reset, lookup, verify, provision, etc..
The Service Supplier manages the resources. Basically the supplier user executes the role of 'functional administrator'.
Once a supplier user understands the concept of a contract (the basis of the supplier module), the module offers a variety of tools with which a user can start using the basic functions of the module:
- Order, receive and upload a resource
- Deploy and revoke a resource
- Test a resource
- Trace the working of a resource
- Manages lists of resources
The supplier module consists of a number of functionalities by which a user can effectively manage the resources programmed by specialists:
- Specialists may program in most languages (C, Java, Perl, .Net, etc.)
- Smart filter functionality enables quick search functionality
- Test and analyze functionality of delivered resources
- Instant deployment of resources
- Capability to deploy resources to particular or entire groups
- And more.